Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Instagram Junkie Alert!

I realised during most of young people’s free time, they will be either playing games or will be on social media.  One of the social media most people use is Instagram. I am a self proclaimed Instagram junkie. I have 534 photos and counting (wait, maybe, I am not THAT bad). I have taken way too many pictures of my meals, coffees and people I love. What can I say? Every picture tells a story.

Image is sourced from Google Images

Little do the viewers know how much trouble it takes to get that ‘picture perfect’ moment and the amount of time editing and choosing which filter to make it look pretty.  I am not saying it is a bad thing. We just want to make our life look pretty and perfect on social media. #justsaying

It does have some benefits too, aside from sharing photos and videos; it can help people to meet new people and build relationships and enhance self esteem. You can meet people who share the same interest with you and to expand your network. I must admit that I do get inspiration from viewing other people’s Instagram profile.


Children can use this application to share snippets of their daily activities in school instead of saying ‘I don’t know’, when parents ask how is their day at school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment