Thursday, May 22, 2014

Being CyberSmart

I have just completed a 4 module online course by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA). This module is about being cyber smart. The modules are interactive and easy to understand. It also has videos, some stimulation games and quizzes to be answered during the module.



Images are from Google Images

This module has taught me some things that I never knew of to be safe when going online. It makes me wonder that if I do not know about this, what more innocent children who are so exposure to the world of technology and media now?

Being cyber safe is to be able to identify students who are/is at risk of unsafe behaviours online and to come up with solutions to help prevent unsafe online behaviour amongst the student body together with the stake holders- parents, school and government.


I myself have seen some videos and pictures with elements of cyber bullying. Some of them has become so viral, until it became a police investigation case and of course, the video/ picture were asked to be taken down. So as an educator, friend or parent, what would you do to stop cyber bullying? Educate yourself today! Just go to this link 

Images are from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment